Migraine is the third most common disease worldwide.
Globally, it is the most common neurological cause of disability.
women are affected by migraine with a three-time higher rate compared to men due to hormonal changes.
beyond conventional therapy
Migraine requires combination therapy using modern medication and complementary medicine because:
1. The pain of migraines can be tough to get rid of.
2. Patient may overuse the medications which leads medication-overuse headaches or chronic daily headaches.
3. Headaches can be well controlled with a combination of medicines and complementary therapies.
4. Due to nausea and emesis during migraine attacks, route of administrations other than oral are preferred by patients.
5. To protect the possibility of adverse events of the medication.
The treatment is most successful when it is tailored to the patient’s needs
1. 60% of the patients have delay or avoided taking a current medication because of concerns about adverse effect.
2. Almost 8 of 10 migraine sufferers showed an interest in trying a novel product with 1 similar efficacy but fewer adverse effects than other prescription migraine medications.
A MEDICINE with natural source
PAINMAX is a roll-on 3 ml glass bottle containing natural essential oils of peppermint (Mentha piperita) and lavender (Lavandula officinalis) as a novel topical formulation for migraine.
PAINMAX contains standardized essential oils on basis of the bioactive ingredients.
Peppermint essential oils contain menthol which is demonstrated to be effective as topical preparation in the treatment of headaches
Lavender essential oil contains linalool, carvacrol, limonene, 1.8-cineole, terpinen, a-pinene and can be an effective and safe treatment modality in acute managment of migraine headaches.
• WHO and PDR references introduce peppermint oil as a drug with sapsmolytic effect on the smooth muscle and alleviating headaches.
• There are clinical trials on the effectiveness of aromatherapy with lavander essential oils for both acute and prophylactic treatment of migraine.
• Also, a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, crossover clinical trial demonstrated the effect of topical menthol solution for acute treatment of migraine attack.
• Overall it could decrease intensity and frequency of pain.
• PAINMAX as combination of natural essential oils f two medicinal plants can be absorbed quickly from skin layers, penetrate into blood vessels and decrease the inflammation of blood vessels which results in sustained pain relief compared to placebo.
• PAINMAX can be more efficacious in the allevation of nausea and/or vomiting and phono-phobia and/or photophobia compared to placebo.
PAINMAX is a roll-on 3 ml glass bottle which is easily handled everywhere at roomtemreature. despite its small size it is designed for 18-20 usage in diffrent migraine attacks. Each roll costs 124,000 RLS.
Like other migraine medications, PAINMAX can be effective at the very beginning of the illness and it is recommended to use it upon the onset of the migraine attack.
Gently rub two times to one or two area temples, forehead and back of the neck as soon as unpleasant sensation arises. The patient can recognize those as plusating places. the initial sense of coolness is sensed after one minute. Based on the severity of the headache, this shall be continued every 15-30 minutes at most 2 times.
Caution: Avoid contact with eye and mucosa. There may be dermatitis allergic reactions to lavander and peppermint oits. Not suitable for children under age of 7 years old.
Side effects: No considerable side effects were reported up to 48 hours in 85% of drug treated and 93.1% of placebo treated attack respectively (P=0.13). Adverse events after menthol application included a burnin sensation on the temoral area in 8.3% of attacks, lacrimation in 5% of attacks and aggravation of headache because of menthol odor in 1.6% of attacks. Two patients (5.7% of intent-to-treat population) discontinued the trial because of severe burning sensation and aggravation of headache.